To install Site Kit:
- Log in to your WordPress website.
- Make sure your site meets the following requirements:
- Your site is publicly accessible (meaning your site isn’t in maintenance mode or only accessible through a password).
- Are you using a staging environment in addition to your production site? Site Kit can display data from your production site in the staging environment. To set up Site Kit with a staging environment, follow these instructions instead.
- In the left navigation menu, click Plugins.
- Click Add new.
- Enter “Site Kit” in the search bar. You should see the Site Kit plugin in a search results page.
- Install and activate the Site Kit by Google plugin.
- Connect Site Kit to your Google account. If there are multiple WordPress admins, keep in mind that each admin must connect their own Google account in order to access the plugin.
Activate other Google tools
After you install Site Kit, you can activate other Google tools:
- Go to the main Site Kit dashboard, which already displays key metrics from Search Console.
- Under Site Kit > Settings, connect additional Google tools. Learn more about which Google tools are right for you.
- For AdSense: To view metrics in the AdSense module, you need to complete additional steps. Check out the AdSense documentation for more information on how to do this.
You should connect your AdSense account to your Google Analytics account to get the most out of Site Kit reports.