Since we announced Site Kit at WordCamp US 2018, we’ve interviewed many of you who had expressed interest to be early testers and made lots of improvements based on your input. Thanks to everyone who participated and took time to share their impressions!
Based on your feedback, we focussed on the following features:
- Seamless site verification with Search Console.
- Provisioning and configuration of Analytics, AdSense, Tag Manager and Optimize.
- Simple aggregate and per-page reporting from Search Console, Analytics, and AdSense, to help you understand the full acquisition and monetization funnel.
- Continuous site performance auditing and monitoring with PageSpeed Insights.
- Insights we derive from across the products you’ve connected and surface on your dashboard, to help you make sense of the stats.
Today, we’re happy to announce the developer preview of Site Kit that includes all of these features. Our goal with a developer preview, prior to making the plugin generally available on wordpress.org and to all users, is to:
- allow WordPress developers to test drive the plugin;
- test Site Kit compatibility with other plugins;
- gather implementation feedback and recommendations.
Our current implementation of the plugin setup flow requires developer know-how and familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and OAuth verification process; the current setup experience is not the final user experience we plan to make available to WordPress users.
Are you a WordPress developer? We’d love to hear your feedback on the functionality, interoperability, and any other implementation feedback or recommendation.
Check out the plugin on GitHub and open an issue, or drop by the Google booth if you are at WordCamp Europe — we look forward to chatting with you in person.