- Data error in Search Console: User does not have sufficient permissions for site
- Search Console gathering data
- Additional Search Console Support
Data error in Search Console: User does not have sufficient permissions for site
This notice can occur when:
- There were permission changes at Search Console level
- Your site becomes unverified in Search Console
- You connected an additional module such as Google Analytics or AdSense and used a different Google account than the one that you used to set up Search Console.
To resolve, disconnect Site Kit before connecting once more by clicking your profile icon on the top right of the Site Kit dashboard and then Disconnect.
Search Console gathering data
If you only recently connected Site Kit, this message can display for up to approximately 48 hours while data populates from Search Console to your Site Kit dashboard.
If this message continues to display after several days, there may be an issue with your site that requires troubleshooting. Get in touch with us via our support forum for assistance.
Additional Search Console Support
For additional assistance, feel free to open a support topic on our WordPress.org support forum. Note that we are limited to Site Kit-related questions about Search Console, including questions about:
- Choosing a Search Console property
- Set up or functionality issues within Site Kit
- The content section of the Site Kit Dashboard
- Search Console-related error messages, notices, or warnings within Site Kit
- Search Console permission notices within Site Kit
For Search Console-specific questions such as help with site or account approvals, use the Search Console Help Center for assistance. The Site Kit support team does not have access to users’ Search Console accounts and are unable to assist with account or property related issues.